TORNADO is a transcoding engine designed to be integrated in the facilities’ infrastructure: Film labs, post houses, VFX studios or OTT vendors can build their own automated transcoding workflows using TORNADO’s API.
Designed to achieve up to 240 FPS in JPEG2000 encoding at 4K resolution, TORNADO is the most powerful transcoding solution on the market.
Extensive source media support
- TORNADO supports natively RAW data at the camera resolution (ARRIRAW, DNG, RED R3D, SONY F65, F55 RAW, Phantom flex 4K, Canon C500, etc..)
- Support for mezzanine formats such as ProRes 444, Avid DNxHD 444, XDCAM, AVC Intra, AS-11 UK DPP, IMF
- Support for Interop and SMPTE DCP, inclu- ding stereo3D DCPs up to 120 FPS
- Support for uncompressed formats such as DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR, etc…
- Audio support includes WAVE, AIFF and FLAC
Multiple Transcoding capabilities
• Simultaneous multiple rendering streams from the same source media
• Mezzanine formats such as ProRes 444, DNxHD 444, AVC Intra, IMF
• Delivery formats such as DCP, AS-11 UK DPP, HEVC, H264
• Uncompressed formats such as DPX, TIFF
• Image resizing (Pan & Scan) for resolution from SD to 8K
• Color space conversion (support for REC 601 / 709, REC 2020, DCI XYZ, ACES 1.0)
• Primary Color correction • Support for 3D LUT
- Support full 2K and 4K DCI specs, including Stereo3D and up to 120 FPS
- Support for Interop and SMPTE DCP
- Creation of supplementary packages
- Subtitles support includes MXF, PNG, XML InterOp (Texas Instruments CineCanvas) and XML SMPTE (D-Cinema SMPTE 428-7)
- Support for Close Caption (MXF SMPTE Timed Text)
- Validation Tools like CPL, PL and AM parsing, test for JPEG2000 interoperability, comparison of metadata listed in the CPL and in the JPEG2000 files, PKL signature test, etc.
- Track essence encryption and DKDM generation
- Repair and re-wrap functionalities PRODUCT RANGEBlack TORNADO
Transcoding appliance with dedicated hardware acceleration for JPEG2000 transcoding
Support up to 4 boards for JPEG2000 encoding, each one being capable of 60 FPS at 4K resolution, achieving up to 240 FPS at 4K.
Rackable 4U Case
API documentation (REST + CLI)
• Support for IMF App #2, App # 2 e, App 4* • Includes support for BCP 5 and BCP 7
• Support of TTML for Subtitles and C.C.
• IMF functionalities include creation of IMP and supplemental IMPs, merge and split of packages, repair and re-wrap.
• Support of multiple soundfields
• Validation Tools like CPL, PL and AM parsing, test for JPEG2000 interoperability, comparison of metadata listed in the CPL and in the JPEG2000 files, etc..
* not yet standardized, subject to modifications
Transcoding software with GPU acceleration
for JPEG2000 transcoding
Support for multiple streams of GPU processing API documentation (REST + CLI)
Requires Windows 7 64 bit, single or dual CPU, and minimum 1 NVIDIA GPU with a CUDA index of 3.5