Big Pic Media can supply Factory Refurbished machines and any upgrade options available to your current Spirit 2k system including:-
The Spirit 2KTM DataCine® and Film Scanner from DFT Digital Film Technology is a high-performance, high- speed film scanning solution for Digital Intermediate, Commercial, Telecine, Restoration, and Archiving applications.
With more than 350 systems shipped worldwide, in the past decade, the Spirit system has become the undisputed preference for telecine and high-speed film scanning applications. Now the Spirit 2K system offers a higher level in performance with native 2K scanning available in real time.
The Spirit 2K system is available in two basic versions: a film scanner connected to a DFT Bones open postproduction system via a high-speed Infiniband interface, which can be upgraded to a full-featured system that includes interfaces for standard- and high-definition (SD and HD) video; and a DataCine® which includes SD and HD video outputs and which can be enhanced with a Bones system, including 2K high-speed Infiniband data interfaces.
Spirit 2K Film Scanner/Bones Combination
Digital intermediate production – the motion picture workflow in which film is handled only once for scanning and then processed with a high-resolution digital clone that can be down-sampled to the appropriate output resolution – demands the highest resolution and the highest precision scanning.
The combination of the Spirit 2K film scanner and Bones system is ahead of its time, offering you the choice of 2K scanning in real time (up to 30 frames per second) depending on the selected packing format and the receiving system’s capability. The Spirit 2K scanner offers unrivalled image detail, capturing that indefinable film look to perfection.
Spirit 2K DataCine
Through an internal spatial processor, the Spirit 2K DataCine supports all important digital HD/DTV and SD standards also in 4:4:4, YUV, or RGB formats, so you can rapidly output your material to tape or disk. In addition, you can upgrade the Spirit 2K DataCine at any time with a Bones system to deliver image files to a storage system.
- Multi-film format, high-resolution, real-time film scanning
- FA 35 mm and ACA 35 mm 2-perf / 3-perf / 4-perf film formats
- Scanning head capable of native 2K scanning up to 30 fps
- Safe, continuous-motion film transport including:
- Variable scanning speeds
- Visible search
- Eastman Kodak-designed, high- resolution, advanced-imaging subsystem:
- Diffuse, high-power xenon illumination system to optically suppress dust and scratches
- Custom precision optics
- Optical film matching for print, negative, and intermediate stocks
- Optical gain control
- Built-in 2K image processing based on a 16-bit RGB data stream for extended black definiti- on (EBD):
- Automatic FPN and shading correction
- Logarithmic masking
- User-definable look-up tables (LUTs)
- RGB negative matching
- RGB primary color correction with extended color correction mode
- Aperture correction
- Real-time scaling engine for sizing and positioning up to 2K output resolutions
- Film Scanner version: High speed optical Infiniband data output up to 2k
- DPX file format
- Includes Bones Transfer application running on a Linux-based PC
- TV-gamma, linear, logarithmic, user defined transfer characteris- tics in 10-bit quantization
- Image monitoring with selectable display look-up tables and reso- lutions up to SXGA resolution
- DataCine version: Video output supports all major digital HD and SD formats
- TV-gamma, linear, and logarithmic transfer characteristics
- Contour correction
- Upgrade path to Spirit 4K
Please contact us for more information if required.