High Performance, Cost -Effective. Multi Application Film Scanner
SCANITY is a film scanner that offers unprecedented speed, versatility, stability, and safe film handling. It serves a variety of scanning applications including archive film scanning, mass digitization, dailies, feature film mastering, EDL/Conform Scanning, low resolution browsing, archive and restoration, short-form commercials, as well as digital intermediate scanning.
A multitude of unique and first-to-market features provide users with cutting edge technology that addresses the challenges that many facilities are facing today. SCANITY enables facilities to improve their ROI, enhance productivity, work effectively in data-centric workflows, and service their markets with a solution that reproduces the pristine quality of film and image quality they require. SCANITY uses efficient LED light sources, dedi- cated hardware processors, as well as fewer and less expensive third party components. This lowers initial costs as well as operational expenses. SCANITY is an unparalleled piece of technology that combines skilled engineering and precision manu facturing to deliver a high-speed, flexible, and versatile film scanner.
- High quality multi-format film scanner that offers unprecedented speed, versatility, stability, and safe film handling
- High speed scanning – 4K scanning up to 15 fps, 2K up to 25 fps, 1K up to 44 fps, 0.5K up to 69 fps, 0.25K up to 96 fps (depending on hardware)
- Versatile multi-application scanner, archive film scanning, mass digitization, EDL/conform scanning, dailies, low resolution browsing, and highly suited for restoration and archiving, commercials and ‘video- like‘ applications
- Customized high resolution optics – capable of resolving 8K equivalent image details
- Time Delay Integration (TDI) sensor technology for extremely fast and sensitive film scans – 4300 horizontal active pixels, 96 TDI lines, 6μ pixel size relative to the film
- Independent from frame height – film frame aspect ratio is matched by the numbers of line
- Over scanning in horizontal and vertical direction beyond image boundaries
- LED light sources with optimized spectral wave- lengths, specifically designed for a variety of film stocks
- Precision roller gate avoids mechanical stress and risk and provides unparalleled smooth and safe film handling
- Continuous motion capstan film transport
- Optical perforation detection and touch free image stabilization to provide pin registered steadiness.
- Highly integrated, dedicated, and fast spatial image processing manages content scaling and formatting
- Dirt and scratch handling capabilities with diffuse illumination and IR channel, capable of dirt map generation for internal / external processing
- Audio scanning of optical sound tracks on 16mm and 35mm film and magnetic track on 16 mm film.
- Long LED life provides stable and cost-effective illumination solution
- Integrates seamlessly with FLEXXITY software tools