FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pandora Technology Releases the PLUTO POD
London: March 26, 2014… Pandora a provider of high end colour correction and colour management tools for Post Production, Production and Broadcast for over 25 years releases the latest version of it’s PLUTO image processing technology the PLUTO POD.
Pluto POD is the next generation of the already highly successful Pluto ON-SET image processor and offers a much enhanced specification in a smaller footprint and considerably lower cost unit.
Pluto POD is the smallest member of the new Pluto family and is designed to handle a single HD-SDI channel. Other branches of the family tree will offer similar processing for 3D [Stereo] or 4K applications.
We are taking Pre-Orders for PLUTO POD now for delivery in May 2014 – PRICE – £995.00 includes the following features:-
- PLUTO POD features
- Single HD-SDI channel with capabilities to support 270MHz , 1.484GHz and 2.997GHz signalling.
- 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 YCrCb, RGB, XYZ or CUSTOM I/O colour-space capability.
- Support for all Video standards from SDTV to HDTV 2048×1080 at frame rates up to 60fps.
- 4 x PLUTO POD’s can support 4k workflows for Look and LUT support
- Everything in REAL time.
- Simultaneous HDMI output with independent calibration LUTs.
- Full 16bit internal signal path [ACES compatible].
- High quality rendering of 3D LUT’s up to 33x33x33 nodes [ 4-point tetrahedral interpolation].
- Multiple 1D LUT’s both before and after the 3D LUT.
- Customisable input and output Matrixes to support ACES input and output Transforms.
- Direct support for ASC-CDL Saturation control so this function can be provided without having to load a 3D LUT.
- Full Test Pattern and Colour Patch generation for monitor setup and calibration.
- Video Legaliser and Safe Area Markers. ATC Timecode Burn In.
- Video Frame Grab and Still store Function.
- High Speed control via 1000baseT Ethernet. [Optional Bluetooth].
- USB 2.0 port allows LUT’s to be loaded from external Flash Drives.
- CDL’s and LUT’s can be manipulated within Pluto and Exported to external devices.
- Low Power 12V 15W Power supply. [Optional Power Over Ethernet].
- Small, Rugged footprint approx. 108mm Wide x 170mm Length x 30mm High Extruded
Pluto includes an RGB legaliser on the output with SMPTE and user defined levels.
Video blanking can be adjusted on each edge [Top/Bottom/Left/Right] and the colour and transparency of the blanking signal can be user adjusted.
A series of standard markers for can be overlaid on the video output to define, e.g. Safe Area or display centre and aspect ratio.
A reference still store option is available which provides a simple wipe control and video overlay of the reference image.
ATC Timecode is decoded by Pluto and is used when building a list of CDL values. It can also be “burnt in” to the main video output.
Pluto passes all ancillary data including embedded audio via the SDI connections. Audio is also passed to the HDMI output.
The Pluto POD features an on-screen menu and front panel controls so that LUT’s and reference frames can be loaded and stored from internal flash memory without
any additional equipment. However unlike earlier versions of Pluto the POD is running a full [linux based] operating system using a dual core CPU. This means that all user interface is provided using HTML5 and can be controlled using a standard web browser from any portable device, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone.
A high speed Ethernet connection allows CDL values and LUT’s to be downloaded and applied in real-time.
Up to four sets of LUT’s and 16 HD reference images can be stored internally and loaded from the front panel. Additional storage can be provided using an external USB 2.0 memory stick or an unlimited number of LUT’s and stills can be held on an external computer and quickly downloaded as required.
ASC-CDL colour correction values can be adjusted live using an external web browser, software provided creates a full virtual control panel on any device with a suitable display [e.g. iPAD or laptop]. Optionally a Bluetooth interface can be installed to allow direct interface to a dedicated control surface. The CDL values applied can be noted together with Timecode values [and optionally still images] into an ALE file for use in later stages of postproduction.
Note that as Pluto is capable of hosting a series of LUT’s simultaneously CDL colour correction values can be adjusted and applied quite independently from any display LUT’s or ACES style calibration transforms. This versatility allows easy use in a wide variety of workflows. Many competing products need to use a 3D LUT to apply the CDL saturation function limiting it’s use as a means to provide display calibration.
Pluto is fully compatible with Colour Management systems from THX [CineSpace] Lightspace and Spectracal.
On application we can provide details of the Pluto control specification to allow users to provide control and support from custom applications via Ethernet.